Curated by Ray Rico (he/him) and Chellie Bowman (she/her)
The Over the Rainbow committee of the American Library Association’s Rainbow Roundtable released their 2021 Booklist:
- Ace: What Asexuality Reveals About Desire, Society, and the Meaning of Sex. Angela Chen. Beacon Press, 2020.
- Here for It: Or, How to Save Your Soul in America. R. Eric Thomas. Ballantine Books, 2020.
- A History of My Brief Body. Billy-Ray Belcourt. Two Dollar Radio, 2020.
- Homesick: Stories. Nino Cipri. Dzanc Books, 2019.
- Homie: Poems. Danez Smith. Graywolf Press, 2020.
- My Autobiography of Carson McCullers: A Memoir. Jenn Shapland. Tin House, 2020.
- Plain Bad Heroines. Emily M. Danforth. William Morrow, 2020.
- The Prettiest Star. Carter Sickels. Hub City Press, 2020.
- Real Life. Brand Taylor. Riverhead, 2020.
- What’s Your Pronoun?: Beyond He and She. Dennis Baron. Liveright, 2020.
Go to https://www.glbtrt.ala.org/overtherainbow/ for more info.
#rednecksforrainbows (founder Shane pictured above)
Rednecks 4 Rainbows is here to show support to the LGBTQ+ community. Together we can continue to tear down old stereotypes and build a new home where everyone is welcomed. Get involved by using this hashtag across all forms of social media spreading positivity and acceptance. We only ask that you only use this hashtag from a place of love and represent what Rednecks 4 Rainbows is truly about.
The New York Times Presents: Framing Britney Spears
Streaming Now on Hulu. This new documentary uncovers the rise of Spears as a pop icon and the current conservatorship she’s been living under since 2008. Get a glimpse at what’s really going on and decide for yourself. #freebritney